Old 03-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Question VX SS LS1 running very rough

Got a prob with the SS. As I was leaving the Ballarat meet point for C4C this morning the check engine light came on and she started to run real rough. I managed to get to a mates place nearby where we were able to check it out. It turned out that the PCV hose had split up the front near the PCV valve and at the rear near the join. Being Sunday and no Holden dealers open we were able to rebuild it using vacuum hose and a new valve from autobarn. However, upon firing it up, the engine was still running like crap. It barely idles then cuts out. It has recently had 2 new O2 sensors, has a clean airfilter, good plugs and leads etc. We took the rocker covers off to check valves/springs - all ok. The only other thing that has been done was the engine bay was degreased and washed yesterday ready for 2days C4C. I drove the car about 30km this morning to the meet point, which is all it had done since being washed (thinking I may have wet something??) I will try and get it checked 2moz by tech 2, but thought I would post this as someone out there may have had a similar problem. Thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Hi, Mate the coil paks are prone to getting wet they hate it as there is a little diode under the coil pak that gets wet and causes a miss only way to fix is to replace the coils .
Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the help. Turned out the MAF meter was knackered! Good excuse for the mafless tune!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
FAVSSS

Do it mate ,you wont be dissapointed
Old 23-10-2010, 08:01 PM

The Gen3 responds very well to Mafless, OTR and Exhaust