Old 01-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Default LPG or not....

Hey guys got another question, has anyone put lpg an a vb, vc, vh 253.... i am contemplating such a move. I drive 200km a day for work, and wanna keep my vc as an everyday driver. At present i am getting bout 15 litres per 100km, so that makes a trip to work n back $40-45 depending on the price of fuel. My mrs is howling bout it, and wanted me to get a 2nd car. I'd rather convert the vc to lpg. i have worked out roughly, if LPG consusumes 30% more than fuel, at the lpg price i saw today (55.9) the return trip drops by about 20 bucks a day! thats quite a bit over the course of the yr. The rebate has recently dropped from 1250 to 1000, but something is better than nothing. I just wanna find out what ppl that have done similar things experienced. How did ur car run, how did it start up generally. Were u happy with ur decision?? If u do the maths it seems madness not to do it. I rang a local bloke yesterday. He said if no 2nd hand parts could be sourced, he would probably have to custom make certain bits. I am guessing he means the tank?? any info would be awesome guys!
Old 22-08-2012, 08:24 PM

problem sorted, keepin the 253 as it is, and bought a mirage to drive to work!!
Old 22-08-2012, 10:45 PM

Mate sounds like a good idea. Sounds like you have a few things to fix up plus oldies are much nicer to drive when you dont have to worry about them running everyday. My old girl seems to love it when i run her once every couple of weeks.

Plus you should wash your mouth out for even thinking of running it on lpg. These things are built to run on real fuel.
Old 23-08-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenMan View Post

Plus you should wash your mouth out for even thinking of running it on lpg. These things are built to run on real fuel.
Old 23-08-2012, 03:41 PM

yeah i'm slowly workin thru the minor things wrong... its getting dropped off tomorrow to get an oil leak from the manifold fixed, then i need to get the fuel sender looked at, when it reads empty on the dash, i can only get 30 litres into her! lol, the universal in the tailshaft is beginning to clunk a lil, and i need to get the central locking sorted.... other than that its pretty good!
Old 23-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Old 23-08-2012, 04:20 PM

lol... i tried sending them from my phone, but it didnt seem to work. i am hoping to get along to one of the cruises before the end of the year so everyone can see it!! cant make the one coming up this month, maybe the one in October
Old 23-08-2012, 04:23 PM

actually if u r ultra keen, u can google BROWN SUGAR BISLA, click on it and thats my car, but the thread attached to it is from the previous owner. I have changed the wheels that u will see in the pic, to 17 inch vx ss wheels.
Old 23-08-2012, 04:25 PM

i was stoked to have stumbled across the thread, as it gave me a lil history on the car
Old 23-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Club President

nice and tidy ride mate
good stuff cant wait to see it at a future cruise
Old 23-08-2012, 04:29 PM

The inside is as nice as the outside so the diff in it has now been fully rebuilt, and i put some genie headers on it and a 2.5 inch exhaust, sounds great and its a joy to drive!!
Old 23-08-2012, 04:32 PM

I had VH SLE the same color as that....nice
Old 23-08-2012, 04:32 PM

The pics i have on my phone are much better than the ones on the thread, but u can get the jist of what the car is like. It was an eventful drive home, i straight swapped it for a VN ss! drove from wollongong to coffs harbour, swapped cars n then drove home all in the one day. The wheels on it had a crappy offset, so for the entire 7hr drive home, the rear wheels scraped like mad against the guards, near sent me stir crazy!! lol
Old 23-08-2012, 04:35 PM

i have had a vb, and 2 vh's... all v8's and all at least 10yrs ago. So i have harboured an itch to wind the clock back find another one. I stumbled across an ad on gumtree and wallah! i dont plan on makin the old girl super quick (well thats what i am presently claiming!) for now i want to make it, smooth, reliable and just a good cruiser.
Old 23-08-2012, 04:38 PM

i cant wait to be able to come to a cruise, kinda tricky with shift work :/ Do u guys get many of the older commodores on the cruises, or is it predominately the newer ones? i dont mind being the "oldest girl at the ball" lol